Event Management Agency Internship
Job Title: Event Management Agency Internship
Duration: 3 Months with view to full term employment
Remuneration: Paid Internship
Start Date: Position is immediately available
Applications to: info@CMSMarketing.com
(please reference ‘Internship’ in application email)
CMS Marketing is one of Ireland’s leading Event Management Marketing Agencies. We have over 20 years of working with some of Ireland’s leading brands such as Vodafone, Samsung, An Post and Sony PlayStation.
An overview of the role
In light of our ever-expanding client base, we are now looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Events intern to join our team.
As you are just starting out in your career, your focus you will be on learning – learning about our industry, what we do in our agency, the kinds of projects our clients ask us to work on etc.
You will provide administrative support to our client service team in developing and implementing events and campaigns for clients.
You will collaborate with many members of our team, and offer them enthusiastic support; all the time learning more and providing more hands-on assistance.
Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in Event Management and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities & Tasks
You will be involved in many areas of our business, however your main focus on a day-to-day perspective will involve:
- Participation in client meetings, taking client briefs; making sure all actions are documented for follow up.
- Assist in preparing client proposals & responses with other team members. You will also be expected to attend presentations where we take our clients through our strategy and creative response.
- You will be asked to do extensive research for any new briefs we are working on – how have other brands responded to similar briefs? Is there any international case studies that might inspire the agency? What has worked elsewhere, what hasn’t?
- You will help us when booking & briefing promotional staff for each activity.
- You will assist your team in event planning & preparation through to delivery; e.g. coordinating and administering all aspects of an event, producing on-time timelines & costings, briefing our creative team, establishing project plans and critical paths.
- You will be expected to attend any event that you work on to ensure it is being delivered in line with the agency proposal.
- You will be involved in the post-evaluation of any event i.e. Did we achieve our goals? Do we have any learnings for future events?
A little about you?
- Enthusiasm is key. All of our team members are enthusiastic team players. We’re looking for somebody that will demonstrate their positive attitude to the agency and our industry.
- You’ll be an excellent communicator – the agency depends on prompt and accurate communication, both internal and external facing. Keeping your client and your line manager involved at every step is crucial in what we do. Managing your clients’ expectations is vital in the successful delivery of projects. You’ll be helping to write contact reports, costing sheets, timelines, creative and artwork lists, ongoing competitor updates, relevant news feeds, status reports and supplier briefing forms.
- You will be able to motivate and inspire the project team involved. From suppliers to internal departments, you will always have your clients’ interests at heart.
- You’ll be a proactive team player, always trying to anticipate what you may be asked, and come to every meeting prepared with all necessary detail to hand (timings, costs, event schedules).
- The more that clients trust you, the better our work can be. Your attention to detail will be exemplary. It will be up to you to check that all communications are free from grammatical, spelling and numerical errors. You’ll also need to allow enough time for your line manager to sign work off.
- You’ll be a dedicated member of staff. On occasion, you may be asked to work outside office hours (i.e. if you’re planning an event or campaign outside of office hours!). It is infrequent and your line manager/Account Director will be there to make sure you get the time off you need for some R&R.
- Our work takes us through the country, full time staff must have their own car along with a full drivers licence. This will not be mandatory during the internship phase where the role will be more office based. Candidates seeking permanent employment following the internship period would need a car and drivers licence.
- You will have relevant experience or qualification in Marketing or Event Management.